Okhai is presenting an exclusive Craft workshop. If you always wanted to learn a craft but didn’t know where or if you are already following the story of Okhai and want to meet the artisans in person you should go to the ‘Crafternoon with Okhai’!
Experience the art of appliqué, embroidery and mirror-work yourself. Taught and shown by two of our artisans who are real experts.
When: Saturday, June 13, any time between 3 pm – 7 pm
Where: Alpha One Mall
Okahi Store, “Rani No Hajiro”
3rd Floor, Shop No 19
For more details: https://www.facebook.
Okhai is a non-profit organisation which empowers women in rural areas of India, gifted with the talent and traditional skills, to craft exquisite designs that are unique to their culture and heritage. Currently we have trained 450 artisans, making products at home, which are provided as kits and picked up as finished goods.
Okhai has changed their lives in many ways:
1. They earn a living and most of them use it to send their kids to school, or on improving their homes.
2. They are able to work from home and raise their children.
3. They are liberated and empowered because of the fact that they have jobs and their husbands and society respects them for this.
4. Because of Okhai they have had the opportunity to travel to cities, they value the the exposure and information they gather.
5. Instead of working on construction sites they are working in craft which gives them creative satisfaction
The following two tabs change content below.
The Ahmedabad Blog team is made up of geek bloggers, professional and newbie photographers, not-so serious interns, friendly designers and a whole lotta love for Ahmedabad!
Latest posts by TAB Team (see all)
- Bursting 7 IIT Myths for JEE Aspirant - January 30, 2018
- The Nicobar Edit in Ahmedabad - October 10, 2017
- “A Kebab Affair” at Bayleaf, Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad - September 6, 2016